Since starting my practice, many have asked why I chose criminal defense. Here are my top 5 reasons:
1) I do not believe that people are defined by their failures.
2) We are a combination of both our highs and our lows, but no single act defines us.
3) I also believe that regardless of the allegations or the facts, everyone deserves an advocate.
4) The American criminal justice system has proven extremely proficient at convicting and incarcerating; therefore, the only way to balance the system is for people to fight for the ones they defend.
5) I believe we are all entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The first thing that is taken when someone is facing criminal charges is their liberty.
As such, I choose to defend.